‘Fake it it till you make it’
A term so often used and heard without much thought but carries such a deeper heavier meaning.
As children we are all confident beings, we only trust our self first and then those close to us.
As we grow we face many successes and failures, in turn these affect our confidence and shape us to become who we are.
Our confidence or the lack of can be so easily projected in the way we carry ourselves.
How we dress, speak, our personal hygiene, self care routine and especially our body language speaks more about us than we can ever explain.
At the same time we are more likely to be drawn to people who exude self confidence, we will trust someone who looks like they know what they are talking over someone who is stumbling their words.
So how can we show self confidence especially if it seems like it is a natural part of others?
There are many things you can do that will give you immediate results, you will feel better about yourself and others around you will be able to see the confidence within you.
And the more you continue with these tips, the more they become part of your daily routine, then the more you are able to take in the confidence you are projecting.
- Look up – when you are speaking to someone look at them directly in the eye, eye contact shows that you know what you are talking about and you are also paying attention to the person you are speaking to.
- Smile – such a simple act with a grand impact. Smile is the first step to communicating with others before you have even spoken a word.
- Correct your posture – chin up and straight shoulders shows that you are exactly where you want to be, it also make you aware of yourself and how you are being represented.
- Scrub up -when you after look yourself you will automatically feel better about who you are, confidence is the acceptance and pride of one’s self being.
- Dress well – create a go to outfit that is comfortable, makes you look but also feel your best.
- Take your time – when speaking or doing things don’t be in a haste to quickly finish. Trust yourself enough to know that what you are saying or doing is worth the time and attention of others.
Remember confidence is you projecting the fantastic person you are from within. You truly have what it takes to conquer any obstacles you may face.
I believe in you and now its time you started in believing in you too xXx
Reflect. Love. Heal.
Brown Girl R.